There are two types of plugins: Pro and Free. The difference between them is that Pro plugins are available only for Pro bots. It is possible to create a Pro plugin when using the admin account only.
Pro plugins can be added to the Pro bots only.
Adding Pro plugin using Pro Bot:
If a user tries to add a plugin into a free bot, then he/she will see a Pro plugin in the “Plugins” list, but the plugin will be disabled, so the user won’t be able to add it.
Adding Pro plugin using non-Pro Bot:
It is possible to create a Pro plugin via the admin account only. There is an additional field in the New Plugin window, where you can choose plugin type:
It is also possible to change the plugin type on the Plugins -> Configure tab, using the admin account.
1. If Pro subscription of your bot is over or Pro messages are run out and if there are no funds to prolong the subscription, then the system will automatically remove all connections that lead to the Pro plugins, so the user won’t be able to use them.
The bot owner will get two notifications about that: on the email and in the interface.
Also you will see the following data in the plugin cell and in the plugin settings:
Renew to PRO (Renew) - opens the PRO plan tab
Reset to default - discard the changes made in the plugin and restore the initial added version.
You will lose all changes you've made in the current version of the plugin.
Update plugin - uploads the latest approved version of the plugin.
You will lose all changes you've made in the current version
2. If you try to export a bot, which contains a Pro plugin, and import it to the NoPro bot, then the plugin won’t be available in the second bot. The plugin cell will be colored red and you will see the following message: “This plugin is Pro and is inactive because the bot doesn't have Pro status. Click here to manage bot Pro settings”.
The behavior is the same for copying the bot.
3. If a Pro bot, which contains Pro plugins, becomes non-Pro during a conversation, then the user will be able to finish the conversation, but won’t be able to enter the Pro plugin after restarting the bot. This is because all the connections and fallbacks which lead to the Pro plugin are removed from the bot structure.
Once the status of the bot is Pro, then the Pro plugins will become available again.
Removed connections to the plugin won’t be automatically restored.
If the Pro plugin is set as the first interaction, then this plugin will be ignored and the first bot interaction (or Free plugin) in the list will be triggered.
In the “Plugins manage → Pending” section there’s a functionality to manage the plugin statuses. Right after clicking on “Send for approval” in the User Area the plugins get to that section. To open the manage window you should click on the “Actions” button:
- Approve (Yes / No) - to approve adding the plugin or to reject it
User account->Plugins -> Configure:
- Allow publishing - add/don’t add the plugin to public access.
When a plugin is approved or rejected, a user gets an email notification.
An administrator can also create his own plugins in his admin’s account, which is specially marked in the database. Admin’s account has nothing to do with Admin Panel, it is a special user’s account with a wider range of capabilities. All the plugins created in the admin account get “System” status and don’t need approval.
Updated 2 days ago